On this 6-day tour of Rwanda and Uganda you will have the opportunity to experience ancient Batwa culture, climb a volcano, track golden monkeys, and track the majestic mountain gorillas in either Uganda, Rwanda – or both!
This safari starts and finishes in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda, from where were you will drive to Mount Gahinga Lodge nestled in the Uganda foothills of the Virunga Volcanoes. After two nights at Mount Gahinga Lodge, you set off for the magnificent Virunga Lodge, just across the border in Rwanda, which is perched high on a ridge and has stunning views of the volcanoes and the twin lakes Bulera and Ruhonda.
- Gorilla tracking in Parc National des Volcans, Rwanda
- Golden monkey tracking in Mgahinga, Uganda
- Gahinga Batwa Village visit
- Batwa heritage experience
- Kigali Genocide Memorial & city tour depending on flight timings